Kanaria is a collection of digital NFT eggs which will hatch into birds with long-term platform specific bonuses for all RMRK products and partner apps. The eggs can be bought by anyone with a KSM address and some KSM, and they can recieve emoticons.
The birds of the first 100 eggs (by serial number) will get double art: an image generated by the blockchain randomly but influenced by emoticons received, and a dedicated illustration of guest artists in their own style.
But aside from those, the top 25 most emoted eggs with serial numbers 100 and above will also hatch birds with double art. This contest is about finding the art for those 25 birds.
To recap: The 25 eggs with the most total emotes of any type (2 x 🔥 + 4 x 😍 + 1 x 👋 = 7 points), will also be given dual-art by community-sourced artists.
Note: an emote works like a switch. If you send a 🐦 once, and then again from the same address, it turns off. The UI will warn you of this.
Please carefully read the text below.
Until May 31st, egg owners will be able to collect emotes on their eggs. Emotes collected after that date will not count – a snapshot will be taken on May 31st, noon CET.
The eggs will be listed on a special RMRK interface, where users will be able to vote on each entry. The rules are:
- anyone is free to submit a bird to the RMRK team for consideration, and we will list it on the List to be judged by the community
- the illustration must be SQUARE (1:1), can be vector or raster, but if raster has to be at least 1024×1024.
- you are NOT supposed to mint this as an NFT and are NOT required to submit it in ANY way before the form to submit the art is up. We will announce this on official channels around end of May.
- the community will be able to vote on each illustration per bird. E.g. let’s say bird 1337 has three illustrations: a nerdy bird behind a computer, a Matrix-code bird, and a bird on a beach. The community can vote on any of these. The one with the most upvotes wins.
- each vote will cost around $2 total which will be pooled into the prize pool (once chain tx fees are auto-deducted). RMRK will chip in $25000 as well.
- each individual account can only vote for ONE illustration on each given bird, and each such vote counts as 1 vote. If you change your mind and vote for another illustration on the same bird later, that’s still 1 vote. A change of mind does not give you an extra “ticket”.
- after images for all birds have been voted on, the prize pool closes on midnight between June 14th and 15th in CET, and is split 5% – 95%. 5% goes to a random voter (voting multiple times counts, voting from multiple addresses counts and is legal). 95% is evenly divided between all winning illustrators.
- the winning birds will be secondary art illustrations on the birds that hatch from the 25 most emoted eggs, giving them an additional unique flair.
- the winning illustrators surrender their copyright to the owner of the bird but are fully attributed (social media is fine) inside the NFT itself, and the losing illustrators keep full rights to their illustrations, though RMRK Team might offer to buy it from them
How do I join?
Join this Telegram group and await further instructions.
You are NOT supposed to mint this as an NFT and are NOT required to submit it in ANY way before the form to submit the art is up.
We will announce this on official channels closer to end of May.
Don’t first submitters have an unfair advantage?
They might, but the votes are switches just like emotes. If a better bird shows up, someone might unvote their previous favorite and vote of the new one instead.
What’s the prize?
Ah, you haven’t read the whole post, have you? Sigh.
The prize can be anything from $1000 per person (minimum) to $10000, depending on how many votes you and your illustrations bring in! Here’s how it works:
- every vote costs about $2.
- this amount, minus tx fees of the chain itself, is put into the pot, which is initialized at $25000 by RMRK.
- at the end, the whole pot is split 5-95, with 5% going to a random voter, and 95% going to all the winning artists, evenly distributed. So if there’s $50000 in the pool, that’s 47500 to give out to artists, which means each winner gets around $1900.
- It is possible to win multiple prizes.
Isn’t this easy to game?
You can make plenty of accounts and vote from those, but each active account on Kusama requires an existential deposit, so making new ones is not free, neither is submitting these votes. Someone can game it for better chances, but it won’t be cheap.
What if a winning image is obscene?
Images are first filtered by the RMRK team to prevent this.
Can unclaimed eggs gather emotes?
Sure. Emotes can be applied to any NFT in the RMRK ecosystem and they stick with an NFT as it changes owners. However, if an unclaimed egg with emotes is in the top 25 on May 17th, that means it will get burned and never hatch since by then the public claim will be over.
How much does it cost to emote?
Currently the transaction fee is around $1. This will go down to around 2 cents in the next few weeks.
Does it matter when I emote?
Not at all, only the final tally matters. If you want to wait for the tx-fee update, that is fine.
- April 4th – Tamago 2: Public Claim begins.
- April 16th – p2p trading (anyone can list eggs for sale and trade them).
- May 31st – Tamago 2 (public claim period) ends. Tori begins: emotes snapshot – they stop having an effect. Artists get to work.
- May 31st – Tori end, birds are prepared for launch.
- June 1st – Hou-ou, hatch and burn, birds appear in accounts.
Tags: #crypto, #cryptocurrency, #bitcoin, #giftout.co,#giftout, #giftoutco, #giftoutsingapore, #giftoutusa, #giftoutmalaysia, #giftoutworldwide, #giftoutsweepstakes, Giftout Singapore, Giftout Malaysia, Giftout USA, Giftout Sweepstakes, Giftout Worldwide, Free Singapore, Singapore Free, Free Malaysia, Malaysia Free, USA Free, Free USA, Worldwide Free, Free Worldwide, Singapore freebies, Malaysia freebies, USA freebies, Singapore giveaway, Malaysia giveaway, FREE, #FREE, gifts, free gifts, free gift, contests, contest, #sweepstakes, #giftoutkorea, korea free, free korea, Giftout Korea, Giftout Exclusive, www.giftout.co, free korea, #Singapore, #Malaysia, #Korea, #USA, #Worldwide, @giftout, @Singapore, @Malaysia, @Korea, @Worldwide, #contests, #Contest, free everyday, free today, #sale, #marketing, #facebook, facebook, #tweets, tweets, #fb, fb, #twitter, twitter, Instagram, #instagram, #google, google, google+, #google+, linkedin, #linkedin, tumblr, #tumblr, youtube, #youtube, social media, Korea giveaway, worldwide giveaway, usa giveaway, malaysia gift, singapore gift, korea gift, usa gift, free gifts, free gift, video, #video, videos, #videos, #giftideas #giftcard, #follow, follow, competition, #competition, prize, #prize, #birthdaygifts, #giveawaysingapore, #giveawaymalaysia, #giveawaykorea, #giveawayusa, #giveawaycontest
Note: All giveaways are by third parties unless otherwise stated.