Hey there! I’m Cody Seibert, and welcome to my course Leveling up to ES6!
Why you should learn ES6
A majority of the latest libraries and frameworks are not being written in ES6, so you don’t want to get left behind.
In this course, we are going to overview a majority of the latest features provided in ES6. The strategy I use to introduce these ES6 features is by first (when applicable) showing you how you might have used similar approaches in ES5 and then refactoring the code to resemble ES6. I’ll explain why and when you should be using these features. After finishing this course, you will be great at using these new ES6 features in your day to day programming endeavors.
What you will learn:
You will learn how, when, and why to use a majority of the latest ES6 features after completing this course. Some of the features including:
- const – to declare constant variables
- let – block scoped enabled variables
- block scoping – now your blocks can have variables and functions scoped onto them
- generators – an awesome new way to write iteratable code
- classes – no more having to use some complicated prototype and function hackery to create classes
- Map – an easier to use data structure than just using objects or arrays to create maps
- Set – an easier to use data structure for keeping track of a set of entries
- Promises – an awesome alternative to using callbacks
- Async / Await – yet a better solution for writing synchronous code instead of callbacks and promises
- string interpolation – your strings will now be beautiful
- spread operator – an awesome helper function for concat
- rest operator – a cool operator for passing arguments to and from functions
- AND MORE….
Who this course it for:
- you already know how to use a code editor or website such as jsbin or codepen to play around with ES6 yourself
Who this course is NOT for:
This course is NOT a complete beginners guide to learn programming in ES6.
If any of the following are true for you, I’d suggest taking some time to increase your skillset before returning to take this course:
- unaware of how to install and use node and npm
- unaware of how to install and use a text editor (in this course we use VS Code)
- consider yourself a complete beginner at programming
- the pace of the free preview videos is too fast for your learning style
This isn’t to say you shouldn’t consider my course since I cover a lot of good information, but just be aware you might feel lost without having some previous knowledge already.
A majority of this course will be taught via VS Code with the Quokka plugin, both of which I will cover how to setup. We will also be using the latest version of Node 8.x to run our ES6 examples.
Who is the target audience?
- Students who want to learn the latest ES6 features
- Students who needs extra explanation for any particular ES6 feature
Get your #Free Udemy Course on Leveling up to ES6 by clicking here.
Tags: #giftout.co,#giftout, #giftoutco, #giftoutsingapore, #giftoutusa, #giftoutmalaysia, #giftoutworldwide, #giftoutsweepstakes, Giftout Singapore, Giftout Malaysia, Giftout USA, Giftout Sweepstakes, Giftout Worldwide, Free Singapore, Singapore Free, Free Malaysia, Malaysia Free, USA Free, Free USA, Worldwide Free, Free Worldwide, Singapore freebies, Malaysia freebies, USA freebies, Singapore giveaway, Malaysia giveaway, FREE, #FREE, gifts, free gifts, free gift, contests, contest, #sweepstakes, #giftoutkorea, korea free, free korea, Giftout Korea, Giftout Exclusive, www.giftout.co, free korea, #Singapore, #Malaysia, #Korea, #USA, #Worldwide, @giftout, @Singapore, @Malaysia, @Korea, @Worldwide, #contests, #Contest, free everyday, free today, #sale, #marketing, #facebook, facebook, #tweets, tweets, #fb, fb, #twitter, twitter, Instagram, #instagram, #google, google, google+, #google+, linkedin, #linkedin, tumblr, #tumblr, youtube, #youtube, social media, Korea giveaway, worldwide giveaway, usa giveaway, malaysia gift, singapore gift, korea gift, usa gift, free gifts, free gift, video, #video, videos, #videos, #giftideas #giftcard, #follow, follow, competition, #competition, prize, #prize, #birthdaygifts, #giveawaysingapore, #giveawaymalaysia, #giveawaykorea, #giveawayusa, #giveawaycontest