PuTTY is a free and open-source terminal emulator, serial console and network file transfer application. It supports several network protocols, including SCP, SSH, Telnet, rlogin, and raw socket connection. It can also connect to a serial port. The name “PuTTY” has no definitive meaning.
Master advanced Putty settings that help you to quickly access your Linux servers
- Download and Install putty on windows machine
- Create and edit profiles in putty
- Launch Linux GUI interface using Xming with Putty
- Log your putty session into text files for future reference
- Change putty terminal font size, color and disable bell sound
- Putty best practices in real time – Author advise
Quick reference course for one of the highly used SSH tool Putty
PuTTY was originally written for Microsoft Windows, but it has been ported to various other operating systems. Official ports are available for some Unix-like platforms, with work-in-progress ports to Classic Mac OS and macOS, and unofficial ports have been contributed to platforms such as Symbian, Windows Mobile and Windows Phone.
PuTTY supports many variations on the secure remote terminal, and provides user control over the SSH encryption key and protocol version, alternate ciphers such as 3DES, Arcfour, Blowfish, DES, and Public-key authentication. It also can emulate control sequences from xterm, VT102 or ECMA-48 terminal emulation, and allows local, remote, or dynamic port forwarding with SSH (including X11 forwarding). The network communication layer supports IPv6, and the SSH protocol supports the zlib@openssh delayed compression scheme. It can also be used with local serial port connections.
PuTTY comes bundled with command-line SCP and SFTP clients, called “pscp” and “psftp” respectively, and plink, a command-line connection tool, used for non-interactive sessions.
PuTTY consists of several components:
- PuTTY: the Telnet, rlogin, and SSH client itself, which can also connect to a serial port
- PSCP: an SCP client, i.e. command-line secure file copyPSFTP: an SFTP client, i.e. general file transfer sessions much like FTPPuTTYtel: a Telnet-only clientPlink: a command-line interface to the PuTTY back ends
- Pageant: an SSH authentication agent for PuTTY, PSCP and Plink
- PuTTYgen: an RSA, DSA, ECDSA and EdDSA key generation utility
- pterm: a standalone terminal emulator
Who is the target audience?
- Anyone who uses Putty for ssh connection to Linux servers
- All the users who are learning Linux administration
- All Oracle DBAs who run their database on Linux server
- Existing users who wants to learn advanced Putty options
Get your Free Udemy Course on The ultimate Putty guide: Using Putty for SSH by clicking here.
Tags: #giftout.co,#giftout, #giftoutco, #giftoutsingapore, #giftoutusa, #giftoutmalaysia, #giftoutworldwide, #giftoutsweepstakes, Giftout Singapore, Giftout Malaysia, Giftout USA, Giftout Sweepstakes, Giftout Worldwide, Free Singapore, Singapore Free, Free Malaysia, Malaysia Free, USA Free, Free USA, Worldwide Free, Free Worldwide, Singapore freebies, Malaysia freebies, USA freebies, Singapore giveaway, Malaysia giveaway, FREE, #FREE, gifts, free gifts, free gift, contests, contest, #sweepstakes, #giftoutkorea, korea free, free korea, Giftout Korea, Giftout Exclusive, www.giftout.co, free korea, #Singapore, #Malaysia, #Korea, #USA, #Worldwide, @giftout, @Singapore, @Malaysia, @Korea, @Worldwide, #contests, #Contest, free everyday, free today, #sale, #marketing, #facebook, facebook, #tweets, tweets, #fb, fb, #twitter, twitter, Instagram, #instagram, #google, google, google+, #google+, linkedin, #linkedin, tumblr, #tumblr, youtube, #youtube, social media, Korea giveaway, worldwide giveaway, usa giveaway, malaysia gift, singapore gift, korea gift, usa gift, free gifts, free gift, video, #video, videos, #videos, #giftideas #giftcard, #follow, follow, competition, #competition, prize, #prize, #birthdaygifts, #giveawaysingapore, #giveawaymalaysia, #giveawaykorea, #giveawayusa, #giveawaycontest