A resume is a very important piece of document which decides your eligibility for any job. If you have an exceptional set of skills but are unable to fabricate a proper resume then you might miss out on a good job offer. You can even think of your resume as a sales-pitch which can be referred by recruiters to judge your credibility. So if you structure your resume well, provide the right information and use the right keywords at the right location, you can improve your profile’s visibility. In this course, we will start with the very basics of resume writing, talk about the items that recruiters look out for and mention the right places to upload your resume, in order to gain the highest visibility.
We divided the entire resume into different sections and targeted each section individually to specify its importance and how you can fill them with the right information. We talk about the importance of a brief summary section and how choosing the right keywords can improve your resume. While constructing the course material we went through different resume templates and worked with different designs, so that you yourselves can create a resume which makes full utilization of the available space without compromising with the look and feel. After going through the tutorial you would be able to:
- Ffind out the right editing tools that can be used for creating a resume.
- Know, why content in the resume is so important and what do recruiters actually look for in it?
- How to make your resume stand out from other applicants?
- Selecting the best styling options to increase your resume’s visibility?
- The common mistakes while creating a resume
- Make sections to structure the content
- Optimize resume real estate to include maximum skills
- Know the behavior of ATS (Applicant Tracking System) to increase your chances of interview calls
- Selecting the right keywords based on your profession to increase visibility on job portals and after portfolio selection.
- Mention past experiences in the right way
- Figure out the right way to create a multi-page resume
- Find out the distinct formatting required for multi-page resume
- Know how lengthy a resume should be
- Finalize your resume and revising, to smooth out the rough edges
- Know about the best places or portals to upload your resume
- Get to know about the best practices while carrying or producing your resume during a personal interview
In this tutorial, we start by covering the basic types of resume and which type suits your purpose the best. We talk about the pros and cons of each resume type and provide resume samples of each. Then, we jump right into the different steps for resume writing. We have also created a plan which you can follow step by step to create the perfect resume for yourself.
We have also covered the various text editing tools available in the market across different platforms which can be used for creating your resume and used Google docs to create the resume template. While following the plan, we first laid down the characteristic features that a recruiter looks for and made sure that we build the template ground up using that approach. To get the aesthetics right, we select margin, alignment, font styling and line spacing that meets the industry standard and grabs the attention of the recruiters as well.
As this tutorial is meant for freshers as well as the experience lot, we have discussed how resume length varies with expertise. The tutorial covers single-page resume and multi-page resume and clearly defines the guidelines for both. How multi-page resume needs to be structured and what are the ideal practices that need to be followed. Be it any profession, designing, photography, software development or testing, management, marketing or advertising, this tutorial would teach you how to create the perfect resume.
Every section and its significance have been clearly described in the tutorial along with clear examples to further increase the usefulness of this course. We have also shared a dummy template which you can download and use it for creating your own resume. It’s that simple!
While creating this tutorial, our primary focus was to understand the current recruitment process thoroughly and use this knowledge to lay down the structure of the perfect resume template. We made sure that the template that you will be having at the end of this tutorial would not only be easily readable by the ATS but also grab the attention of the recruiters. We went though many resume samples and tried to single out the aspects that are not recommended. At the end of this tutorial, you would be sure of the best practices related to resume development and know some cool tricks to increase your resume’s visibility.
Who is the target audience?
- Any job seeker, be it freshers or experienced professionals from any domain or industry can opt for this course. Students who are in college and are about to give campus interviews or start job hunting would be extremely benefited by this course.
Get your Free Udemy Course on Comprehensive guide for resume writing by clicking here.
Tags: #giftout.co,#giftout, #giftoutco, #giftoutsingapore, #giftoutusa, #giftoutmalaysia, #giftoutworldwide, #giftoutsweepstakes, Giftout Singapore, Giftout Malaysia, Giftout USA, Giftout Sweepstakes, Giftout Worldwide, Free Singapore, Singapore Free, Free Malaysia, Malaysia Free, USA Free, Free USA, Worldwide Free, Free Worldwide, Singapore freebies, Malaysia freebies, USA freebies, Singapore giveaway, Malaysia giveaway, FREE, #FREE, gifts, free gifts, free gift, contests, contest, #sweepstakes, #giftoutkorea, korea free, free korea, Giftout Korea, Giftout Exclusive, www.giftout.co, free korea, #Singapore, #Malaysia, #Korea, #USA, #Worldwide, @giftout, @Singapore, @Malaysia, @Korea, @Worldwide, #contests, #Contest, free everyday, free today, #sale, #marketing, #facebook, facebook, #tweets, tweets, #fb, fb, #twitter, twitter, Instagram, #instagram, #google, google, google+, #google+, linkedin, #linkedin, tumblr, #tumblr, youtube, #youtube, social media, Korea giveaway, worldwide giveaway, usa giveaway, malaysia gift, singapore gift, korea gift, usa gift, free gifts, free gift, video, #video, videos, #videos, #giftideas #giftcard, #follow, follow, competition, #competition, prize, #prize, #birthdaygifts, #giveawaysingapore, #giveawaymalaysia, #giveawaykorea, #giveawayusa, #giveawaycontest