THE FOLLOWING SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES AND PUERTO RICO ONLY AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES UNLESS YOU ARE ELIGIBLE AND A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OR PUERTO RICO AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. BY ENTERING THE LAY’S FLAVOR SWAP SWEEPSTAKES (“SWEEPSTAKES”), ENTRANT AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE JUDGES, WHICH SHALL BE FINAL IN ALL RESPECTS.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of any of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia or Puerto Rico, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. The following persons are not eligible to participate: Employees, contractors, directors, and officers of Frito-Lay, Inc. (“Sponsor”), its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, participating retailers, distributors, Web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively, “Promotion Parties”) and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and/or “step”) of each and those living in their same households (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Sweepstakes).
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 p.m. (noon) Central Time (“CT”) on February 8, 2016 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CT on March 21, 2016 (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes Period is divided into forty-three (43) daily entry periods. Each day of the Sweepstakes Period represents a separate daily entry period (each a “Day”). A “Day” is defined as the 24 hours between 12:00:00 a.m. CT and the following 11:59:59 p.m. CT with the exception of the first day of the Sweepstakes Period which shall begin at 12:00:00 p.m. CT and end the following 11:59:59 p.m. CT. The time clock of computer administering this Sweepstakes is the official clock for this Sweepstakes.
3. TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, visit www.flavorswap.com (“Web site”) and follow the online instructions to vote for your favorite featured flavor(s) in any/all of the four (4) flavor matchups and submit the Sweepstakes entry form to receive one (1) entry into the random drawing for the Day in which you entered.
The flavor matchups are as follows:
- MATCHUP #1: Fiery Roasted Habanero vs. Flamin’ Hot
- MATCHUP #2: Smoked Gouda & Chive vs. Cheddar & Sour Cream
- MATCHUP #3: Kettle Cooked Olive Oil & Herbs vs. Kettle Cooked Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper
- MATCHUP #4: Korean BBQ vs. Honey BBQ
See Web site (and/or below) for additional voting platforms.
Limit one (1) vote per day per platform per person/device per flavor matchup.
NOTE: If voting via Twitter, you may only vote for each flavor matchup using either the flavor name or the flavor emoji. Votes using multiple flavor names and/or multiple emojis will not be counted as a vote or an entry. If an entrant votes with both the flavor name and a flavor emoji, the flavor name shall be counted as his/her vote.
Limit one (1) Sweepstakes entry per day per platform per person/email address/phone number/social account.
NOTE: If you voted for all of the available flavor matchups via a particular platform (i.e. Web site, Twitter or Instagram), you will only receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry per day corresponding to that particular voting platform (regardless of the number of votes you submitted on that voting platform).
In the event of an identity dispute, entry will be considered made by the registered owner of the email address used for entry or the email address associated with the social media account used for entry. Entrants must have a valid email address. No other forms of entry are valid.
Additional Voting Platforms:
Text: By voting via text, you agree to receive up to four (4) reply text messages about the Sweepstakes from Sponsor. Text the word “STOP” to cancel (you will receive a confirmatory text); text the word “HELP” for help. Participants must have a mobile phone with text messaging capabilities to vote by text message and may incur a standard text message charge from their wireless service provider for each message sent and/or received. Check with your wireless service provider for details on these and any other applicable charges. Message and data rates may apply. Participants are solely responsible for any such wireless charges. Not all wireless carriers participate.
MATCHUP #1: To vote for Fiery Roasted Habanero, text VOTEHABANERO to 24477. To vote for Flamin’ Hot, text VOTEFLAMINHOT to 24477.
MATCHUP #2: To vote for Cheddar & Sour Cream, text VOTECHEDDAR to 24477. To vote for Smoked Gouda & Chive, text VOTEGOUDA to 24477.
MATCHUP #3: To vote for Kettle Cooked Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper, text VOTESALTPEPPER to 24477. To vote for Kettle Cooked Olive Oil & Herbs, text VOTEOLIVEHERBS to 24477.
MATCHUP #4: To vote for Honey BBQ, text VOTEHONEYBBQ to 24477. To vote for Korean BBQ, text VOTEKOREANBBQ to 24477.
Twitter: There are two (2) ways to vote via Twitter as outlined below. To vote via Twitter, you must have a Twitter account. To sign up for a free Twitter account, follow the onscreen instructions to register for a free Twitter account at http://twitter.com. You will be asked to provide your first and last name and email address and to set up a user name and password.
(a) To vote via Twitter with a flavor name, tweet the appropriate hashtags on your Twitter account.
MATCHUP #1: To vote for Fiery Roasted Habanero, tweet #VoteHabanero and #FlavorSwapEntry. To vote for Flamin’ Hot, tweet #VoteFlaminHot and #FlavorSwapEntry.
MATCHUP #2: To vote for Cheddar & Sour Cream, tweet #VoteCheddar and #FlavorSwapEntry. To vote for Smoked Gouda and Chive, tweet #VoteGouda and #FlavorSwapEntry.
MATCHUP #3: To vote for Kettle Cooked Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper, tweet #VoteSaltPepper and #FlavorSwapEntry. To vote for Kettle Cooked Olive Oil & Herbs, tweet #VoteOliveOilHerbs and #FlavorSwapEntry.
MATCHUP #4: To vote for Honey BBQ, tweet #VoteHoneyBBQ and #FlavorSwapEntry. To vote for Korean BBQ, tweet #VoteKoreanBBQ and #FlavorSwapEntry.
(b) To vote via Twitter with a flavor emoji, tweet the appropriate emoji and hashtag #Vote and hashtag #FlavorSwapEntry on your Twitter account.
Emoji images are as follows: ? Dancer; ? Fire; ? Mouse Face; ? Cheese Wedge; ? Water Wave; ? Herb; ? Honey Bee; ? Sake Bottle and Cup.
MATCHUP #1: To vote for Fiery Roasted Habanero, tweet the Dancer emoji pictured above and hashtags #Vote and #FlavorSwapEntry. To vote for Flamin’ Hot, tweet the Fire emoji pictured above and hashtags #Vote and #FlavorSwapEntry.
MATCHUP #2: To vote for Cheddar & Sour Cream, tweet the Mouse Face emoji pictured above and hashtags #Vote and #FlavorSwapEntry. To vote for Smoked Gouda and Chive, tweet the Cheese Wedge emoji pictured above and hashtags #Vote and #FlavorSwapEntry.
MATCHUP #3: To vote for Kettle Cooked Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper, tweet the Water Wave emoji pictured above and hashtags #Vote and #FlavorSwapEntry. To vote for Kettle Cooked Olive Oil & Herbs, tweet the Herb emoji pictured above and hashtags #Vote and #FlavorSwapEntry.
MATCHUP #4: To vote for Honey BBQ, tweet the Honey Bee emoji pictured above and hashtags #Vote and #FlavorSwapEntry. To vote for Korean BBQ, tweet the Sake Bottle and Cup emoji pictured above and hashtags #Vote and #FlavorSwapEntry.
Instagram: To vote via Instagram, you must have an Instagram account. To create a free Instagram account if you do not have one, visit www.instagram.com. To vote via Instagram, post the appropriate hashtags on your Instagram account.
MATCHUP #1: To vote for Fiery Roasted Habanero, post #VoteHabanero and #FlavorSwapEntry. To vote for Flamin’ Hot, post #VoteFlaminHot and #FlavorSwapEntry.
MATCHUP #2: To vote for Cheddar & Sour Cream, post #VoteCheddar and #FlavorSwapEntry. To vote for Smoked Gouda and Chive, post #VoteGouda and #FlavorSwapEntry.
MATCHUP #3: To vote for Kettle Cooked Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper, post #VoteSaltPepper and #FlavorSwapEntry. To vote for Kettle Cooked Olive Oil & Herbs, post #VoteOliveOilHerbs and #FlavorSwapEntry.
MATCHUP #4: To vote for Honey BBQ, post #VoteHoneyBBQ and #FlavorSwapEntry. To vote for Korean BBQ, post #VoteKoreanBBQ and #FlavorSwapEntry.
Advertising Units on Facebook, Google Search, or Display Media: Sponsor may offer opportunities for individuals to vote for their favorite flavor matchups via online ad units. Upon submitting a vote, follow the online instructions to submit an entry into the Sweepstakes. Entry/vote limits as stated above apply.
4. DRAWINGS: One (1) Daily Prize winner will be selected for each Day of the Sweepstakes Period in a random drawing to be held on or about each business day following the applicable Day from eligible entries received for a given Day. One (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing to be held on or about March 22, 2016. Entries will carry forward to subsequent Daily Drawings and to the Grand Prize Drawing. Odds of winning a Daily Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received for a given Daily Drawing and the eligible entries carried forward from previous Daily Drawings. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received for the entire Sweepstakes Period. All drawings will be conducted by an independent judging agency, whose decisions are final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Limit one (1) Daily Prize per person/address/household. The Grand Prize winner is eligible to win one (1) Daily Prize.
5. PRIZE DETAILS: Grand Prize: $250,000. Daily Prizes (43 total, 1 per Day): $1,000. Prizes will be awarded in the form of a wire transfer or check, payable to winner. Winner must accept prize as stated or prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Total ARV of all prizes: $293,000.
6. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Promotion Parties resulting from entrant’s participation in or attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with the Sweepstakes. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor or Promotion Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Sweepstakes: Hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic or Internet connectivity or other online or network communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or other providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any online transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted transmissions; inaccessibility of the Web site in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or Web site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, or worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Sweepstakes, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Sweepstakes. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not responsible for any typographical printing, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of votes or entries, the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Web site. Use of Web site is at user’s own risk. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user’s or any other person’s computer resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Prizes won by an eligible participant who is a minor in his or her state of residence may be awarded to a minor’s parent or legal guardian. Winners will be notified by email or mail at the email address or mailing address provided within the registration (or via Twitter or Instagram as defined below) within two (2) weeks of winner verification. Winners (or parent or legal guardian if participant is an eligible minor) will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, a Publicity Release within seven (7) days of prize notification. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address or mailing address of entrants. Sponsor is not responsible for suspended or discontinued Internet or wireless service which may result in a potential winner not receiving prize. If attempted prize notification or prize is undeliverable, if winner cannot be contacted or verified, if winner is otherwise unable to accept the prize as stated, or if winner is otherwise disqualified, prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner.
Twitter/Instagram notification: If a potential winner participated via Twitter, he/she will be notified via direct message. If a potential winner participated via Instagram, Sponsor will comment on the potential winner’s post. Potential winner must respond as stated within the notification or prize may be forfeited. Potential winner’s Twitter or Instagram account (depending on method of entry) must allow for direct messaging or prize will be forfeited.
8. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants (and their parent(s)/legal guardian(s) if entrants are minors) release Sponsor, Promotion Parties, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes. By accepting a prize, recipients (and their parent(s)/legal guardian(s) if entrants are minors) (a) agree that the Sponsor and Promotion Parties will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by winner against, any liability for injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Sweepstakes; from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of prize or participation in Sweepstakes or Sweepstakes-related activities; and (b) grant (and agree to confirm grant in writing promptly upon request) to Sponsor and those acting under the authority of the Sponsor, the right to the use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, voice, image, statements and biographical information, at any time or times, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including the Internet without review, notification or approval, and additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not liable in the event that any portion of the Sweepstakes or prize is canceled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond its control (a “Force Majeure Event”).
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Each winner is solely responsible for any taxes on their prize, and will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the actual value of the prize. No substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. No transfer of prize is permitted. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. If prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to (a) disqualify any individual who is responsible or who tampers with the submission process, and (b) cancel, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor will randomly award the prizes among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to cancellation. This Sweepstakes is offered only in the United States and is governed by the laws of the State of Texas, and all claims must be resolved in the federal or state courts located in Collin or Dallas counties, Texas.
LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THIS WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. WINNER’S LIST: For the names of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by April 22, 2016 to: Lay’s Flavor Swap Sweepstakes Winner’s List, 10 South 5th Street-7th Floor, Dept. 880-760, Minneapolis, MN 55402.
11. SPONSOR: Frito-Lay, Inc. 7701 Legacy Drive, Plano, TX 75024-4099.
© 2016 Frito-Lay North America, Inc.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Sweepstakes shall be directed to Sponsor and not to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
Tags: #giftout.co,#giftout, #giftoutco, #giftoutsingapore, #giftoutusa, #giftoutmalaysia, #giftoutworldwide, #giftoutsweepstakes, Giftout Singapore, Giftout Malaysia, Giftout USA, Giftout Sweepstakes, Giftout Worldwide, Free Singapore, Singapore Free, Free Malaysia, Malaysia Free, USA Free, Free USA, Worldwide Free, Free Worldwide, Singapore freebies, Malaysia freebies, USA freebies, Singapore giveaway, Malaysia giveaway, FREE, #FREE, gifts, free gifts, free gift, contests, contest, #sweepstakes, #giftoutkorea, korea free, free korea, Giftout Korea, Giftout Exclusive, www.giftout.co, free korea, #Singapore, #Malaysia, #Korea, #USA, #Worldwide, @giftout, @Singapore, @Malaysia, @Korea, @Worldwide, #contests, #Contest, free everyday, free today, #sale, #marketing, #facebook, facebook, #tweets, tweets, #fb, fb, #twitter, twitter, Instagram, #instagram, #google, google, google+, #google+, linkedin, #linkedin, tumblr, #tumblr, youtube, #youtube, social media, Korea giveaway, worldwide giveaway, usa giveaway, malaysia gift, singapore gift, korea gift, usa gift, free gifts, free gift, video, #video, videos, #videos, #giftideas #giftcard, #follow, follow, competition, #competition, prize, #prize, #birthdaygifts, #giveawaysingapore, #giveawaymalaysia, #giveawaykorea, #giveawayusa, #giveawaycontest