“Editing Pro-Tip” Contest, Presented by G-Technology!
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ENTRY OPEN TO ALL WHO ARE 18 YEARS OLD AND ABOVE, ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF AUSTRALIA, SINGAPORE, MALAYSIA, INDONESIA, THAILAND, PHILIPPINES, INDIA AND ARE NOT LEGALLY INELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE.
- CONTEST SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR:
G-Technology® (“Sponsor”) (“Prize Provider”) (“Contest Entity”)
- CONTEST PERIOD:
The “Editing Pro-Tip” Contest begins on 11 January 2016 at 05:00:00 pm SGT, and ends on 11 February 20116, at 11:59:59 pm SGT (“Contest Period”). During the Contest Period there are a series of Contest-related events which start and end on or about the dates and times noted below:
ENTRY SUBMISSION PERIOD
Starts 05:00:00 pm SGT on 11 January 2016
Ends 11:59:59 pm SGT on 11 February 2016
Starts 05:00:01 pm SGT on 11 January 2016
Ends 11:59:59 pm SGT on 11 February 2016
On or before 11:59:59 pm SGT, 16 February 2016
- HOW TO ENTER:
- The participant needs to Like the G-Technology AP Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/GTechnologyAP) (“Page”).
- Input video or photo editing tip in line with the Contest themes: “Editing Pro-Tip”.
- Participant can invite Friends to Vote on the participant’s submission.
- Only 1 entry is allowed. Sponsor may use these pictures / video editing tips for any promotional or commercial purposes, including a post on G-Technology AP Facebook page.
- Entries after the last date of submission will be disqualified.
- TERMS OF ENTRY:
- By participating in the Contest, Contestant warrants that his or her entry and all elements thereof (i) are the original work of the Contestant; (ii) have not previously won an award of any kind; (iii) do not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including but not limited to, copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, logos, contract and licensing rights, rights of publicity or privacy, moral rights, or any other intellectual property rights; (iv) are not subject to any third party agreements, and that the Sponsor will not be required to pay or incur any sums to any person or entity as a result of their ownership, acquisition, use or exploitation of the entry, or rights therein; (v) were made with the understanding that any required permissions have been obtained; and (vi) do not contain any content that is likely to be considered offensive by the Sponsor or that could adversely affect the name, reputation, or goodwill of Sponsor.
- Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries that, in the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, (i) include trademarks, logos, or copyrighted material not owned by Contestant or used without permission (such as company names, music, photographs, works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media); (ii) refer to public figures; (iii) contain profanity, pornographic or sexual content, content promoting alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, or firearms or weapons, hateful content of any kind, content that promotes violence or harm to another living creature; (iv) promote a political agenda regardless of the political affiliation and regardless of Sponsor’s treatment of other entries that may or may not promote a political agenda; (v) defame, misrepresent, or contain disparaging remarks about other people or companies; or (vi) contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs or other identifying elements of any person, living or dead, without permission.
- Entries may only be submitted by individual Contestants. Group entries will not be accepted (although different individuals might have taken part in the making of an entry, only one individual may be considered to have submitted the entry). Contestants may not submit entries for any person other than themselves, regardless of whether or not the Contestant has submitted his or her own entry. Entries not submitted in accordance with the instructions provided on Contest Website and the terms and conditions herewith, shall not be considered in the Contest and the Contest Entities shall bear no responsibility for any such entries.
- The contestant retains the copyright and exclusive possession of all submissions. The contestant will grant the Sponsor the right to use, with complete attribution, the submission for promotional or purposes as deemed fit by the Sponsor for a period of six (6) months from the closing date of the contest. Contest entrants grant permission to the Sponsor and agents of the Sponsor to photograph their entry.
- Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry, for any reason, at its sole discretion.
- Neither the Contest Entities nor any of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, agents and employees, nor any Internet access providers (collectively “Released Parties”) are responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry of information, human error, technical malfunction, lost/delayed data transmission, lost/delayed/misdirected mail, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failure of any telephone or other network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof, inability to access the Contest Website, for problems uploading or downloading any Contest-related materials from the Contest Website, or for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incorrect or incomplete entry.
- If for any reason any aspect of this Contest is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the sponsor which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, the sponsor may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest, or invalidate any affected submissions.
- For purposes of these Official Rules, receipt of Contest Entries occurs when the App records the required entry information resulting from contestant submitting the same on Contest on Facebook Page. Any entry information collected from the Contest shall be used only in a manner consistent with the consent given by entrants at the time of entry and with these Official Rules. Sponsor has contracted GetIT, an independent third party Contest Administrator. The entry information is shared with Administrator for the sole purpose of the selection, notification, and the fulfilment of prizes.
- The sponsor may, in its sole discretion, disqualify any submissions, and prohibit further participation in this Contest by, any person who tampers with or benefits from any tampering with the submission process or with the operation of this Contest or acts in violation of these terms and conditions, acts in a disruptive manner or acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
- Participants can submit as many videos as possible during the course of competition. However they can post each video only once.
- DETERMINING FINALISTS:
All eligible entries received will be judged with no interference from the contest sponsor for the Public Vote, based on the number of votes the entry receives. Besides, for this the sponsor has the right to disqualify any entry without prior notice. The Voters’ decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this contest. All entries are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
- ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNERS:
- The winners of the contest would be announced on the Page. Also, Contest Entity would contact the winners through Email or Direct Messaging facility on Facebook for distribution of prizes.
- Contest winners will be notified by on Facebook through a direct message requesting more personal details- name, address, his/ her mobile phone number, and identification number.
- Sponsor reserves the right to use any other method or medium sponsor deems fit at its sole and absolute discretion for the purpose of announcing the Contest winners.
- Upon request, Contest winners will be required to provide their contact details and photo ID proof and any other details deemed necessary and relevant by the sponsor at its discretion, within 5 (five) working days upon receiving the request/notification from the sponsor.
- In case of incomplete documents the participant will receive a call from the Contest Administrator for verification, and final approval on payout of prize will be linked to the fulfilment of required conditions.
- Prizes will be sent to the address specified by winner.
- A notification will be sent to the winner along with the dispatch details.
- Proof of mailing, faxing, or delivering (in any manner whatsoever) any details to the sponsor does not denote proof that the sponsor has received such details.
- Sponsor reserves the right to forfeit prizes for any Contest winner who does not provide the required verification upon receiving the request/notification from the sponsor.
- Sponsor reserves the right to appoint a third party to conduct the verification of Contest winners and to fulfil the delivery of prizes and Participants agree that the sponsor may provide all necessary information of Contest winners to such a third party to facilitate such service.
- The Singapore courts will have the exclusive jurisdiction in case of any disputes.
- For the Editing Pro-Tips Contest, the submission chosen as “Winner” by maximum number of votes will win a G-DRIVE with Thunderbolt (4TB) and US$100 Amazon vouchers. The winning voter wins a G-DRIVE Slim (500GB).
- Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize with prize(s) of comparable value. No request from participants for substitution of prizes with any other item/cash will be entertained by the Contest Sponsor.
- Any and all guarantees and warranties for prize is subject to the manufacturer’s terms and conditions, and winner agrees to look solely to such manufacturer for any such warranty or guarantee claim.
- Sponsor does not guarantee or make any representations or warranties regarding the quality, performance, features or capabilities/utility of the prizes offered to the winners under the contest and cannot be held responsible and liable in this connection. Sponsor will not entertain any claims in this regard.
- Prizes are non-transferable.
- Prizes offered on ‘NO EXCHANGE NO REFUND’ basis.
- Prize recipients must, at Sponsor’s request and free of any charge, participate in any promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding the receiving of the prize, and he/she consents to sponsor using his/her name and image in any promotional material.
- Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsor, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Winners must provide the Administrator with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number.
- Contest is subject to any and all applicable Local, State, Central or Community laws/Local customs. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of Singapore.
- All prize recipients may be required to sign a form of legal release to be determined by the sponsor in its absolute discretion.
- The sponsor accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. The prize/s shall be subject to the laws of Singapore, including all the tax laws. All applicable regulatory and statutory duties, cess, surcharge, taxes, insurances, transfer fees, registration fee etc, that may be applicable to avail the prizes will be borne by the winners.
- ADDITIONAL TERMS:
- All Singapore laws and regulations apply. By participating in the Contest, Contestants attest that their entries (and all elements depicted therein) are original and have not been previously published or submitted as entries in any other competition, are created solely by the Contestants, and that use of the entry (and all elements depicted therein) shall not violate the right of any third parties and shall not violate federal, state or local laws or ordinances. By entering this Contest, and to the extent allowed by law, Contestants (i) grant the Sponsor and the Licensees the right and permission to publish and use the content, with complete attribution, of and elements embodied in the entries and the entries themselves for a period of six (6) months in any and all media including but not limited to digital and electronic media, computer, print, audio and audio-visual media (whether now existing or hereafter devised), in any language, throughout the world, and in any manner, for trade, advertising, promotional, commercial, or any other purposes without further approval or consideration, (ii) waive and release the Sponsor from any and all claims that Contestants may now or hereafter have in any jurisdiction based on “moral rights” or “droit moral” or unfair competition with respect to the Sponsor’s exploitation of entries without further compensation to Contestants of any kind, and (iii) agree not to instigate, support, maintain, or authorize any action, claim, or lawsuit against the Sponsor or Licensees, or any other person, on the grounds that any use of any entry, or any derivative works, infringe or violate any of Contestants’ rights therein. Contestants also agree that the Contest Entities may have access to, may have created, or may in the future create designs, ideas and concepts that may have familiarities or similarities to his/her entry, and that he/she will not be entitled to any compensation or right to negotiate with the Contest Entities because of these familiarities or similarities. Any entry information collected for the Contest shall be used only in a manner consistent with any consent given by Contestants at the time of entry and with these Official Rules.
- The Contest Entities will not enter into any correspondence, including email, with non-winning Contestants. The Contest Entities reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found tampering with the entry process or entry materials. ALL CONTESTANTS ACCEPT THE CONDITIONS STATED IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE DECISIONS OF THE JUDGES, WARRANT THAT THEY ARE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS CONTEST AND RELEASE RELEASED PARTIES FROM AND AGAINST ALL CLAIMS AND DAMAGES ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THEIR PARTICIPATION AND/OR ENTRY IN THE CONTEST AND/OR AWARDING OF OR USE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN THIS CONTEST. ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR AND ITS LICENSEES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. CONTESTANTS AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE SPONSOR AND LICENSEES FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES, DAMAGES OR LIABILITY (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES AND EXPENSES) THAT MAY BE ASSERTED AGAINST OR INCURRED BY ANY OF THEM AT ANY TIME, IN CONNECTION WITH ENTRY, OR USE THEREOF, OR BY RESPECTIVE CONTESTANTS’ BREACHES OF ANY AGREEMENT OR WARRANTY ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONTEST. This Contest is governed by Singapore law and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in Singapore. If, in the Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Contest, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right to void suspect entries and/or votes and/or terminate the Contest and award the prizes from among all eligible entries received as of the termination date. The use of any automated launching or entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits the participant to automatically enter or vote repeatedly is prohibited. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Contestant based on an email address, the entry in question may be disqualified subject to the judges’ discretion. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, the Sponsor will endeavor to post notice of termination on the Page.
- WINNERS LIST:
For a written list of the names of the prize winners, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to “G-TECHNOLOGY EDITING PRO-TIP COMPETITION” c/o GetIT Pte Ltd, 6 Ubi Road 1 #06-07, Wintech Centre, Singapore 408726.
- EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY:
- The sponsor and its related companies and agencies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Contest or the acceptance or use of any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- Nothing on the Page, or on any other website of the sponsor, or relating to this Contest, shall be construed as conferring any license or other rights under the intellectual property or other proprietary rights of the sponsor or its related companies or any third party, whether by estoppels, implication or otherwise.
- The sponsor and/or its agent shall be licensed to evaluate all submissions for the purposes of this Contest, including verification and as specified in these terms and conditions.
- The software and programming code and media relating to the Page and Promotion-related communication is protected by the applicable laws of copyright, trademark, patent, unfair competition and other proprietary laws.
- The sponsor’s decisions shall be final in all matters relating to this Contest and no correspondences will be entertained.
- The sponsor reserves the right to change these terms and conditions without prior notice.
- A Participant shall be deemed to have notice of any such amendments or interpretations upon publication of the same on the Page and shall be deemed to have accepted such amendments or interpretations by virtue of his/her continued participation in this Contest. Should a Participant not wish to continue to participate in this Contest pursuant to the prevailing terms and conditions as amended or interpreted, he/she may terminate participation in this Contest upon written notice to the sponsor.
- It is the responsibility of the participants to inform the sponsor of any change in the address of correspondence, for availing the prizes.
- Apart from the entitlement to the above prize/s, the winner and/or their legal heirs will have no other rights or claim against.
- The sponsor shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations caused by weather conditions, fire, flood, strike, hurricane, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, acts of God or any other circumstances amounting to Force Majeure.
- The prize/s will be distributed/delivered to the winners by the sponsor, within 30 days of submission of all necessary documents for redemption by the winners, at the respective addresses of the winners. If the winner is absent from taking delivery of the prize and fails to collect the same within 30 days of notification of delivery then his prize stands forfeited.
Tags: #giftout.co,#giftout, #giftoutco, #giftoutsingapore, #giftoutusa, #giftoutmalaysia, #giftoutworldwide, #giftoutsweepstakes, Giftout Singapore, Giftout Malaysia, Giftout USA, Giftout Sweepstakes, Giftout Worldwide, Free Singapore, Singapore Free, Free Malaysia, Malaysia Free, USA Free, Free USA, Worldwide Free, Free Worldwide, Singapore freebies, Malaysia freebies, USA freebies, Singapore giveaway, Malaysia giveaway, FREE, #FREE, gifts, free gifts, free gift, contests, contest, #sweepstakes, #giftoutkorea, korea free, free korea, Giftout Korea, Giftout Exclusive, www.giftout.co, free korea, #Singapore, #Malaysia, #Korea, #USA, #Worldwide, @giftout, @Singapore, @Malaysia, @Korea, @Worldwide, #contests, #Contest, free everyday, free today, #sale, #marketing, #facebook, facebook, #tweets, tweets, #fb, fb, #twitter, twitter, Instagram, #instagram, #google, google, google+, #google+, linkedin, #linkedin, tumblr, #tumblr, youtube, #youtube, social media, Korea giveaway, worldwide giveaway, usa giveaway, malaysia gift, singapore gift, korea gift, usa gift, free gifts, free gift, video, #video, videos, #videos, #giftideas #giftcard, #follow, follow, competition, #competition, prize, #prize, #birthdaygifts, #giveawaysingapore, #giveawaymalaysia, #giveawaykorea, #giveawayusa, #giveawaycontest