Terms and Conditions – Game of Skill
1) Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2) The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 1 Magazine Road, #07-13 Central Mall Office Tower, Singapore 059567 (telephone number +65 6589 7250) (Promoter).
3) All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Singapore on the date stated. The promotion commences at 00:01 on 16 April 2015 and closes at 23:59 on 13 May 2015 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4) Entry is open to Singapore citizens, permanent residents and those living in Singapore, including holders of employment passes, work permits or dependent passes, excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
5) If the prize winner is under the age of 18, they must obtain consent from their parent or legal guardian to before entering this competition, and must be accompanied during their prize travel by an Australian or Singapore resident over the age of 18.
Entry into the promotion
6) To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period share their story of who they want to reconnect with in Australia and why in 150 words or less online at qantas.com/projectconnect.
7) The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
8) Eligible Entrants are permitted one entry (multiple entries are not permitted).
9) The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
10) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Judging of entries
11) Entries will be judged based on their originality and creativity and relevance to the theme.
12) Judging will take place at 10:00 on 15 May 2015 1 Magazine Road, #07-13 Central Mall Office Tower, Singapore 059567. Judging will be conducted by the Promoter.
13) The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Chance plays no part in determining the winning.
14) There will be three prizes. The maximum total prize pool value is AU$12,000 based on the recommended retail value and the exchange rate at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
15) There are three prizes in total, each consisting of two adult return Economy tickets. Winners can opt to travel to Australia with a companion, or for their loved one and a companion to travel to Singapore. Travel must be completed by 30 November 2015. Prize winners are responsible for adhering to Australian / Singaporean visa regulations. Travel is subject to availability. Prize travel can be taken from Singapore to Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, Perth or from Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Perth to Singapore.
16) The prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the ticket. Unless otherwise stated, the prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, meals, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation, flights, accommodation or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of each prize-winner and companion. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas’ General Conditions of Carriage.
17) Prize travel is subject to availability at the time of booking and prize travel is subject to availability of prize travel fares at the time of booking. The winners and their companions must travel together on all prize travel and will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or Qantas Points.
18) Prize travel must be booked by 01 November 2015. Prize travel must be completed by 30 November 2015. There can be no changes to travel arrangements once tickets have been issued.
19) Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accept the conditions of use of that prize.
20) If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
21) The winners will be notified by email by 18 May 2015 and their names will be published on Qantas’ Facebook page within 7 days after the judging
Judging backup entries
22) As part of judging, the Adjudicator will select an additional three entries to be used as backup winners in the event that an entrant is unable to satisfy the promotion terms and condition or forfeits or does not claim a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed on 25 May 2015, the Promoter will award those prizes to the backup winners in the order judged by the Adjudicator, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with clause will be notified by email by 26 May 2015 and their names will be published on Qantas’ Facebook page within 7 days after the judging
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
23) If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
24) The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
25) The exclusion of liability in clause 24 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
26) Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, visit www.qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
27) Prize winners must agree to be filmed during their travel to their selected destination. Filming may be from local/Australian media or for promotional content purposes
28) By entering this competition entrants agree to allow the Promoter to repost their entry/submission on the Promoter and Partners’ Facebook accounts, the Promoter website, within the Promoter’s electronic direct mail (EDM) communication pieces in both Singapore and Australia and on Qantas’ Project Connect microsite.
29) The Promoter reserves the right to amend the competition terms and conditions at any time. Any changes will be publicised via the dedicated website.
30) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
Tags: #giftout.co,#giftout, #giftoutco, #giftoutsingapore, #giftoutusa, #giftoutmalaysia, #giftoutworldwide, #giftoutsweepstakes, Giftout Singapore, Giftout Malaysia, Giftout USA, Giftout Sweepstakes, Giftout Worldwide, Free Singapore, Singapore Free, Free Malaysia, Malaysia Free, USA Free, Free USA, Worldwide Free, Free Worldwide, Singapore freebies, Malaysia freebies, USA freebies, Singapore giveaway, Malaysia giveaway, FREE, #FREE, gifts, free gifts, free gift, contests, contest, #sweepstakes, #giftoutkorea, korea free, free korea, Giftout Korea, Giftout Exclusive, www.giftout.co, free korea, #Singapore, #Malaysia, #Korea, #USA, #Worldwide, @giftout, @Singapore, @Malaysia, @Korea, @Worldwide, #contests, #Contest, free everyday, free today, #sale, #marketing, #facebook, facebook, #tweets, tweets, #fb, fb, #twitter, twitter, Instagram, #instagram, #google, google, google+, #google+, linkedin, #linkedin, tumblr, #tumblr, youtube, #youtube, social media, Korea giveaway, worldwide giveaway, usa giveaway, malaysia gift, singapore gift, korea gift, usa gift, free gifts, free gift, video, #video, videos, #videos, #giftideas #giftcard, #follow, follow, competition, #competition, prize, #prize, #birthdaygifts, #giveawaysingapore, #giveawaymalaysia, #giveawaykorea, #giveawayusa, #giveawaycontest